The eligibility criteria for the investment projects of the Energy and Biomass Project are the following:
- Community’s institutional capacity and motivation to implement a biomass heating project in public institutions
- Sufficient number of end beneficiaries according to the capacity of the institution’s premises
- Capacity to mobilize the community and local resources to cover at least 15% of the total project investments in villages and 20% in small towns
- Technical feasibility of the premises where the biomass-fired heating system will be installed
- The institution applying for a biomass heating project must not be connected to the district heating system
- The existing interior heating system is efficient and operational
- Capacity of the community to supply sufficient quality biomass fuel to the beneficiary institution
- Storage capacity for briquettes and pellets compliant with the storage requirements, availability of appropriate storage premises
- Involvement of the community in the development of the Project Application and cost estimation
- Timely submission of the Final Project Proposal for approval
- Employment of motivated staff to handle the biomass-fired heating system to ensure its sustainability.
The communities that meet all the eligibility criteria will qualify for the nest selection phase.