More than 50 applications were received for the Competition “Moldova Eco-Energetica”, 2015 Edition. Most of them shall compete for the “Best Solar Energy Project”, “Best Bioenergy Project” and “Best Energy Efficiency Project” chapters. Individuals, public institutions, private companies, civil society and media representatives submitted innovative projects tackling the use and promotion of renewables and energy efficiency during the timeframe, 5 March – 5 August 2015.
The applications refer to ‘Eco-Friendly Stories’ section, representing all types of energy efficiency and use of renewables, as well as categories referring to their promotion.
Five panels that include independent experts and representatives of public institutions working in the area of renewables and energy efficiency have been established to ensure thorough, transparent, professional and deliberative examination of all applications, depending on the chosen category. The files shall be reviewed in three stages:
• Stage I: Desk assessment;
• Stage II: Field assessment;
• Stage III: Assessment to be conducted by the Coordinating Board with the adoption of the final decision.
Winners of “Moldova Eco-Energetica” 2015 will be acknowledged and awarded with trophies and other valuable prizes at the “Moldova Eco-Energetica” Gala Ceremony to be organized on 4 December 2015 in Chisinau.
The Competition “Moldova Eco-Energetica” has reached its fourth edition. So far, this is the largest contest to reward successful initiatives in the area of renewables and energy efficiency.
It pursues the goal to support the initiatives of efficient production, transmission, distribution and use of energy from renewable sources. Also, the competition aims to support the development and promotion of advanced technologies and innovations in the area of renewables and energy efficiency. More information on “Moldova Eco-Energetica” is available at: www.mee.md.
Since 2014, “Moldova Eco-Energetica” covers three main blocks:
• Eco-Friendly Stories: a contest that promotes and rewards implemented success stories on energy efficiency;
• Eco-Friendly Technologies: a contest that promotes and rewards companies which apply and develop notable projects on renewables and energy efficiency on the Moldovan market;
• Eco-Friendly Ideas: a contest that selects investment project proposals or expands the on-going projects aimed to enhance energy efficiency and employ the renewable energy sources through technical assistance and funding provided to project design and implementation.
The blocks on Eco-Friendly Technologies and Eco-Friendly Ideas will stay open for applicants until 01 November 2015. Also, in autumn 2015 a Fair of Eco-Friendly Ideas may be conducted.
”Moldova Eco-Energetica” is organised by the Ministry of Economy and by the Energy Efficiency Agency upon the initiative of and in partnership with Moldova Energy and Biomass Project – a project that is funded by the European Union, being implemented by the UNDP Moldova.